- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to the German Chancellor Jan Hecker
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with Japan’s former Administrative Vice-Minister of Defence Masanori Nishi
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the conference “Pivot to Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech at the conference on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the municipalities of Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine
Foreign Vice-Minister Skusevičius receives new Romanian Ambassador
On 11 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius received the new Ambassador of Romania to Lithuania Cosmin George Dinescu. Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister welcomed the good and intensifying relationship between Lithuania and Romania, and thanked the country for maintaining focus on the Eastern Partnership during its Presidency of the Council of the European Union. D. Skusevičius also voiced his hope that both countries would be able to keep this item on the EU agenda also in the future.
According to the new Ambassador, the two like-minded countries share similar views. The Ambassador noted that Romania and Lithuania successfully cooperated in the fields of NATO, security, and Eastern Partnership. He also noted the need to increase mutual understanding and awareness, especially in the areas of economy, investment, and business development.
Previously, Cosmin Georg Dinescu has served as the Secretary General of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ambassador to Croatia, and the Director General at the General Directorate for Legal Affairs.
Cosmin George Dinescu replaced the Ambassador of Romania to Lithuania Dan Adrian Balanescu.