- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives the new Apostolic Nuncio of the Holy See to Lithuania, Archbishop Petar Rajič
- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives the new Ambassador of Latvia
- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius attends a meeting of the interinstitutional working group on Eastern Partnership
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuanian Foreign Ministry’s statement on "regional and local elections" held in Crimea and Sevastopol
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania does not recognize the holding of the illegal "regional and local elections" in the annexed Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol on 8 September or the results.
We strongly support Ukraine's sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity within internationally recognized borders. We condemn the ongoing illegal occupation and annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia, and consider the "elections" as yet another systematic violation of the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 on the territorial integrity of Ukraine, which was adopted on 27 March 2014.
Lithuania will continue to comprehensively and consistently implement the policy of non-recognition of the illegal occupation and annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol.
We once again call on Russia to end the illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula, to withdraw its military from Ukraine's territory, and to respect international law.