- 2019-10-14 to 2019-10-15 On 14-15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-14 On 14 October, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė attends the Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-16 On 16 October at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Topical issues on the European Union agenda discussed with Poland
On 23 July, Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičiaus met with his counterpart from Poland Konrad Szymański, who was paying a visit in Vilnius. They discussed on-going negotiations on the European Union multiannual financial framework, tackling climate change, and other topical issues on the EU agenda.
“While negotiating on the future EU multiannual budget, we aim at its fairness and balance, at the Cohesion Policy which would continue closing a gap in the level of the Members’ economic development, and at equal distribution of direct payments in agriculture. Our countries’ farmers should be ensured a level playing field for competing in the EU single market; adequate funding should be granted to the Rail Baltica project and synchronization of the electricity grids. Lithuania supports proposals to address climate change in a faster manner, however, this must not reduce our industrial competitiveness. It is important that economic and social possibilities of Member States be taken in account by allowing them to select the means and measures most relevant to them in terms of cost effectiveness,” Lithuanian Foreign Vice-Minister Zananavičius said.
The foreign ministers of Lithuania and Poland agreed that the positions of their two countries are close in most matters, therefore it is necessary to continue close cooperation in defending the interests of both countries in Brussels.